DUBLIN, May 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The «The Global Market for Cellulose Nanofibers to 2021» report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Cellulose nanofibers (CNF) are sustainable materials with high mechanical strength and stiffness (stronger than steel), high aspect ratios, high transparency, high chemical resistance and impressive rheological, optical and film-forming properties. They are also lightweight and have made a recent impact in industrial applications in biopolymers, bio-composites and hygiene and sanitary products.
Industrial products have been introduced to the market recently in packaging, composites and thermoplastics, biomedicine and hygiene, mainly in the Japanese market. Advanced applications in paper batteries and flexible electronics are also expected once current processing challenges have been overcome.
Cellulose nanofiber (CNF) production is now at the industrial scale, with numerous large paper manufacturers establishing multi-ton production facilities. Japanese chemicals manufacturers have also initiated cellulose nanofiber production capabilities. Facilities have also been established in Europe (mainly Scandinavia), Canada and the United States.
Report contents include:
- Global production capacities, by CNF producer, current and planned.
- Production volumes by region.
- Commercialized products on the market incorporating CNFs.
- Stage of commercialization for cellulose nanofiber applications by company (TRL).
- CNF applications by industry.
- Demand in tons per market.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by end user markets.
- Competitive landscape of CNF by market, volumes, key trends and growth. Potential for CNF to gain market share by market volume across all end user markets. Markets covered include Polymer composites, Automotive, Building & Construction, Packaging, Textiles, Biomedicine, Pharma, Healthcare, Sanitary and Hygiene Products, Paints & Coatings, Aerogels, Oil & Gas, Filtration, Cosmetics, Food Additives, Electronics, Aerospace and 3D printing.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for CNF including potential revenues, growth rates, pricing, most likely applications and market challenges.
- In-depth analysis of market by applications including estimated market size, penetration and growth. Applications covered include: Polymer composite parts; Biodegradable and renewable nanocomposites; Automotive composites; Packaging films; Aerogels; Construction materials; Packaging fillers/additives; Paint and coatings additives; Deodorant sheets; Pharmaceutical additives; Renewable plastic parts/casings; Transparent films for electronics; Flexible and printed electronics; Batteries; Flexible and paper batteries; Filtration membranes.
- In-depth key player profiles of 85 companies, including products, current capacities and plans for new capacities, production processes, prices per kg and commercial activities. Companies profiled in the report include Asahi Kasei, Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Daicel, Daiichi Kogyo, Daio Paper, GranBio Technologies, Nippon Paper, Oji Holdings, Sugino Machine, Seiko PMC and more.
Key Topics Covered:
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1.1 The market in 2019
1.2 The market in 2020
1.3 Future global market outlook
1.4 Global cellulose nanofibers production
1.4.1 Total global production capacity 2019, by type
1.4.2 Cellulose nanofibers (CNF) production capacities 2020, in metric tonnes by producer
1.4.3 Microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) production capacities 2020
1.5 Market challenges for Cellulose nanofibers
1.6 Cellulose nanofibers commercial products
1.7 Cellulose nanofibers market by region
1.7.4 Western Europe
1.7.5 North America
1.8 Global government funding
1.9 Market impact from COVID-19 crisis
2 OVERVIEW OF NANOCELLULOSE
2.3 Properties of nanocellulose
2.4 Advantages of nanocellulose
2.5 Manufacture of nanocellulose
2.6 Production methods
2.7 Types of nanocellulose
2.7.1 Microfibrillated cellulose (MFC)
2.7.2 Cellulose nanofibers (CNF)
2.7.3 Cellulose nanocrystals (CNC)
2.7.4 Bacterial Nanocellulose (BNC)
3 APPLICATIONS ANALYSIS
4 REGULATIONS AND STANDARDS
4.1.1 International Standards Organization (ISO)
4.1.2 American National Standards
4.1.3 CSA Group
5 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS SUPPLY CHAIN
6 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS PRICING
7 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE COMPOSITES MARKET
8 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE MARKET
9 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION MARKET
10 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE PAPER AND BOARD PACKAGING MARKET
11 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS THE TEXTILES AND APPAREL MARKET
12 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN MEDICINE AND HEALTHCARE MARKET
13 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE HYGIENE AND SANITARY PRODUCTS MARKET
14 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE PAINTS AND COATINGS MARKET
15 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE AEROGELS MARKET
16 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE OIL AND GAS MARKET
17 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN THE FILTRATION MARKET
18 CELLULOSE NANOFIBERS IN RHEOLOGY MODIFIERS FOR COSMETICS, PHARMA AND FOOD ADDITIVES
19 OTHER MARKETS FOR NANOCELLULOSE
20 CELLULOSE NANOFIBER COMPANY PROFILES
- Aichemist Metal, Inc.
- Anpoly, Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Betulium Oy
- Bio-Lutions International Ag
- Borregaard Chemcell
- Cellicon B.V.
- Cellucomp Ltd.
- Cellutech Ab (Stora Enso)
- Centre Technique Du Papier/Institut Technologique
- Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd.
- Daicel Finechem Ltd.
- Daikyonishikawa Corporation
- Daio Paper Corporation
- Daishowa Paper Products Co., Ltd.
- Denso Corporation
- Dic Products, Inc.
- Dks Co. Ltd.
- Ehime Paper Manufacturing. Co. Ltd.
- Fiberlean Technologies
- Fillerbank Limited
- Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd
- Granbio Technologies
- Gs Alliance Co., Ltd.
- Hattori Shoten K.K.
- Hexa Chemcial Co. Ltd./Nature Gift
- Hokuetsu Toyo Fibre Co., Ltd.
- Innventia Ab
- Jenacell Gmbh
- Kami Shoji Company
- Kao Corporation
- Kri, Inc.
- Kruger Biomaterials, Inc.
- Kusano Sako Kk
- Maniwa Biochemical
- Marine Nanofiber, Inc.
- Marusumi Paper Co., Ltd.
- Masuko Sangyo Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation/Mitsubishi Paper Mills
- Mori Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Natural Friend
- Nippon Paper Industries
- Nippon Shizai Co., Ltd.
- Nisshin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Norkse Skog As
- Oji Holdings Corp.
- Omura Paint Co., Ltd.
- Onkyo Corporation
- Osaka Gas Group
- Performance Biofilaments, Inc.
- Rengo Co., Ltd.
- Ripro Corporation
- Risho Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Sanwa Kako Co., Ltd.
- Sappi Limited
- Seiko Pmc Corporation
- Sharp Chemical Ind. Co., Ltd.
- Shinwa Kako Kk
- Starlite Co., Ltd
- Stora Enso Oyj
- Sugino Machine Limited
- Svilosa Ad
- Taiyo Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Tentok Paper Co.,Ltd.
- The Japan Steel Works, Ltd.
- Tianjin Haojia Cellulose Co., Ltd.
- Toagosei Co., Ltd.
- Tokushu-Tokai Paper Co., Ltd.
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
- Ts Tech Co., Ltd.
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- Unitika Co., Ltd.
- Univeristy Of Maine, Process Development Centre
- Upm-Kymmene Corporation
- Us Forest Service Products Laboratory (Fpl)
- Valmet Oyj
- Verso Corporation
- Vtt Technical Research Centre Of Finland Ltd.
- Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd.
- Yoshikawakuni Plastics Industries Co., Ltd.
- Zelfo Technology Gmbh
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/caikjg
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-cellulose-nanofibers-market-report-2021-2031-global-production-capacities-by-cnf-producer-current-and-planned–production-volumes-by-region-301295254.html
SOURCE Research and Markets